Saturday, February 16, 2008

... a week at home alone, and survived!

This past week Phil has been in Barcelona with work, he tells me that it was hard work and long days, but he was in Barcelona eating nice food and not in the office. Some people have all the fun. I one the other hand was at home, working!! I did however disprove some of Phil's theories.

Theory 1: That I steal the duvet....the duvet has remained in the same place all week and hardly needed me to make the bed when I got up in the morning. I conclude that Phil gives me the duvet during the night :)

Theory 2: That I trash the house....the house was tidied on Monday night and stayed tidy all week. I conclude that Phil finds my stuff and throws it round the house to make it look like I trashed the house.

Theory 3: That I'm allergic to the bin...I had to put the bin out whilst he was away AND put the recycling out. I conclude that I don't like this job and would rather Phil did it, which he does graciously.

Phil did however miss that all important commercial event that we never even celebrate..Valentines Day. So to make up for it he brought me home some lovely presents from Barcelona. I was expecting perfume from the airport but he excelled himself and brough this home for me instead....


If you have good eyesight you can read that the heart shaped cookie says 'Mobile World Congress 2008' and the bottle of champers was about the be thrown out!! It's the thought that counts :)

Phil is now home and although he's tired its been great to catch up properly and spend some time together.


I noticed that my video of Stricty Come Dancing Live didn't work, so here are a few photos. Sorry they are so far away.


2 comments:

Lol said...

That's so funny Helen. I also find the bed needs hardly any making and the house is much tidier when Peter is away.

dancingnic said...

Do you know, El V and I have exactly the same quibble over the duvet! When ever he is away from home, his side of the bed remains untouched.

Also I maintain that the house appears to be trashed with my things because i spend so much time picking up after him!!!

The first few days of 'home alone' are always a little delicious - but a week is a loooong time. Well done on surviving! Enjoy the choc and bubbles!!!