Monday, June 23, 2008

... a babymoon, bala and a birthday

I've had a few comments about the lack of posts recently but Phil and I were on a well deserved holiday abroad. Possibly our last for a few years, definitely our last when I can lie all day and read. We jetted off to Lanzarote and spent a relaxing week by the pool reading and sleeping. Phil got involved with the crazy pool side activities and when he discovered that you won medals he became very interested/competitive. The week away was really relaxing and just what the doctor ordered. I was worried about the heat but had absolutely no probs, even managed to get a bit of tan in the shade :)

After our long week away we then had a week at home. We had thought about going away for a few days but in the end we were thrilled to be able to help out some friends and look after their cute little boy whilst they had another baby!! Very well planned on their part I thought.

I finished the week off with a fabulous weekend away with some of the ladies from Church. I'd missed the weekend last year much to my disappointment, but I made up for it this year and had a really great time chatting to people I already know and getting to know new people. Can't wait for next year :)

Oh nearly forgot to mention that in the middle of all our holiday madness I turned 30. Big party this weekend for family and a few friends. Still feel 25, let's hope that lasts.

2 comments:

allotmentbore said...

Hooray she lives! Brumby does blog

allotmentbore said...

BTW Happy 30th Birthday.