Thursday, July 17, 2008

... emotional overload

I'm normally a quite rational person, which is good since Phil can't stand irrational women. My emotions are usually in check and don't fluctuate wildly once a month like some women's do. However, the last few weeks have been a completely different story. I've had days at work were I've swung between wanting to crawl under my desk and cry and wanting to kill the next person who speaks to me. But I've stayed calm for the sake of my co-workers (I don't want them to think I'm totally mental). Sadly Phil hasn't escaped so lightly. I have taken to crying for no reason, for example, last night when he mentioned that he was going to go on his computer I broke down into a fit of tears and cried for a good 10 mins....he didn't go on his computer after that!! I'm hoping it's just the crazy pregnancy hormones and that they don't last for the next three months, cause crying is hard work and tiring! Apart from that I'm completely fine and loving being pregnant :)

3 comments:

allotmentbore said...

I always think it`s a good thing a pregnancy takes 9 months even though it doesn`t feel like it at the time, as it is an emotional preparation. We had a couple who Dave was best man for to stay, when i was not far off having Bethany and i completely lost it with them, i was crying and freaking out in a way i would never normally do. i did apologise later but things were never quite the same. i think it is just the pregnancy Helen, but don`t expect it to clear up the second Brumby Junior appears.

allotmentbore said...

PS I still cry when dave says he`s going on the computer, but only because i want to go on.

dancingnic said...

hee I feel the same about John
Guys just can't go on simply to check their e mail - it's an evening long process :)

I remember the hormones stage - don't worry though it won't last! I remember crying in a petrol station because I had forgotten my purse and couldn't afford the magnum double choc that I wanted to eat immediately. The woman took pity on me and just let me have it! The shame!!!

YOur bump looks absolutely gorgeous though! YOu're obviously growing a good one!!!