Tuesday, October 23, 2007

... a weekend with a good friend

What a wonderful surprise when my very good friend Sarah phoned me on Wednesday morning to say that her husband John was coming over to Manchester for a conference and could she come to see us for the weekend. The answer was YES!! We love having friends to visit but sadly our friends from Belfast don't often get a chance to come over and since we try to see them when we are home, they feel less of a rush to come.

I picked Sarah up on Friday night from the airport and we just crashed out in the house and chatted into the wee hours of the morning. Sat was a very lazy day for Sarah. Phil and I went to the Ordination of Gary Aston (our new Assistant Pastor) in the afternoon.

Saturday night was of course wet aside for the rugby. Phil had arranged last week for his brother and friend to come round so Sarah and I just slotted into their plans. Whilst we were waiting for them to arrive Sarah produced a wonderful gift for each of us. I think I loved it more than Phil, but he was still very happy with the pressie. 2 IRELAND RUGBY TOPS!! Phil then felt he had to wear it to watch England and subsequently feels he was the sole reason that England lost, I don't think he'll be doing that again!

Sadly Sarah had to leave again on Sunday but it was a really special weekend and I'm hoping her and John will come to visit again soon.

No comments: