Saturday, August 30, 2008

... a few more busy weeks before maternity leave starts

Since my last post Phil and i have been pretty busy. We have had family and friends staying with us mid week and we have been up in Scotland for a wedding. Phil's cousin got married a few weeks ago just outside Edinburgh so we travelled north for the weekend. Our good friends Cheryl and James looked after us and totally pampered me (I wasn't complaining). We headed over to Edinburgh for the day on Sat for the wedding and to catch up with the rest of the family who had managed to make it. It was a really fabulous day and everyone really enjoyed it...I even managed to find something to wear over the ever growing bump!

Phil and I before the wedding

The lovely bride and groom with Phil's Aunt and Uncle in the background

Johnny and Angelina with their cute little son Lois


Our final visitors of the summer before I put a ban on all future visitors before the baby comes were Phil's sister and her family. We absolutely love it when the Patersons come to visit, cause we have lots of fun, good food and great chats. Also they brought their 3 adorable children who really brought the house to life. The Patersons were here for a week and we had so many great times that I can't mention them all but here's a few photos from the week.

The local park!!!

Cute Sam trying to crawl

Lottie and Hannah discover the joys of Wheelock Farm

We enjoy the delights of the cafe!

I am man, I make fire!

Ali, Phil and I enjoy the late summer evenings with the help of the chiminea and a big bowl of crisps


It's been a busy but wonderful few weeks, I am now officially on maternity leave. This has come a few weeks earlier than I'd hoped, but I'm happy to listen to the doctor and I'd only be working for the money...who needs that anyway. So depending on when this little baby comes the next 4/5 weeks are for me to get the house, my head and Phil ready for the arrival....I can't wait :)

4 comments:

allotmentbore said...

Yay Freedom!

Anonymous said...

I've told my kids it's coffee ministry!!!!!....but I don't think they see it like that.

allotmentbore said...

I`ve nominated you for a blog award. See my post today if you can be bothered to collect it.

dancingnic said...

Hello!
I too have nominated you for a blog award!
Collect it at www.dancingnic.blogspot.com and keep on sharing the love!