Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday 24th March

Well if I thought last week was a bad week, then it was nothing compared to this week. Firstly I went back to work and felt like I was treading water for a few days whilst I tried to catch up on the week I had missed. We had an important meeting this week at work and even though I knew my project leader was off I knew that the Director was coming to the meeting with me. That was until he told me on Wednesday that he wouldn't be going....meaning I would have to not only attend this meeting but chair it and explain all the projects by myself. I didn't sleep too well on Wednesday night and had a long nervous morning. But thankfully with a lot of people praying the meeting went well and I don't think I said anything too stupid.

As if that wasn't bad enough, we got the dreaded call from our landlord on Monday saying that they had accepted an offer on the house we are renting and we would have to be out in 2 months. Fear and panic set in as we have still not been able to find a house yet. Never one to give in we trawled the property website and found the last 9 houses with 2-3 of them being serious contenders. We had decided that this Saturday we were going to find a house and buy it. Failing that Plan B would have to kick in and neither of us wanted to have to rent again.

So after a worrying week we set off this morning nervous and excited :) About half way through the day we had only seen one house that we liked and sadly it was at the top end of our budget. One of the houses we thought was a possibility was awful, so we plodded on in the hope that the other 2 would be better. Then I received a call from an estate agent saying that a new house had been added and would we like to see it. Now, normally when we get these calls we say no thanks and have a look at it on the internet first (they usually are horrible), but since this was are last weekend of looking I thought 'Why not'. So it was arranged to be our last viewing of the day, but to be honest we thought nothing of it because we still had 2 other possible houses to see. Sadly one of them was in a not great location but we would have compromised and bought it if all else failed. Then we went to see our last possibility (which we had seen before and knew we liked). This one was to be a real winner as the owners weren't in a chain, however upon arrival they informed us that their chain had fallen through only 3 weeks ago. We left this house very low and thinking that Plan B was far too close for comfort.

So two little sad people entered the last property which looked nothing special from the front and maybe a little too small, but once we entered the house and saw the amazing view out the back to open fields and farm land we almost instantly fell in love with it. Everything about this house was perfect...the location, the views, the interior. I suppose the only downside was that it was smaller than some other properties we have seen. But as the reality of the situation set in we knew that we could make this into a lovely family home and although we wouldn't live here forever it would be a great little home for the next 4-5 years.

On the drive home we had a mixture of relief and excitement. We both loved it but worried that we were being pushed into it. However by the time we got home we knew it was the one and we have put in an offer...so watch this space.

It was an amazing answer to prayer and it's great to see God's hand in this whole process. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us. Points for continuing prayer would be that the offer is accepted, the whole process goes smoothly and that the timing works out with us leaving our rented accommodation.

Thanks you

The View

1 comment:

dancingnic said...

How exciting! What a fabulous view!
I'll be thinking of you both, and I know that things will work out just right for you and Phil.

Keep us posted!

Nic x